Stealthy for Chrome
- Go here
to get to the installation page.
- Press the “+ ADD TO CHROME” button in the upper right-hand corner:
- You will see a message regarding the permissions Stealthy needs in order to work, for your
peace of mind
is a certificate from a prestigious 3rd party: "Softpedia guarantees that Stealthy for
100% Clean, which means it does not contain any form of malware, including but not limited
viruses, trojans and backdoors."
- Press "Add extension", it will quickly install itself.
- Press the little red thingy up in the right-hand corner of the browser. Doing so will turn
- Once it’s enabled and ready, it will turn green.
- With a simple click on the icon, you can turn Stealthy off when you no longer need it.
- To get into the configuration page do right click on Stealthy's icon and then select
- The first set of options is the most important, in order to have an ultra-fast fast,
anonymous, secure connection, guaranteed to
work with popular services you need to use one of the PRO options, subscription required, get a free trial here.
- The other two options are not as effective and fast, but totally free, choose the
appropriate for you, by
default you have the "random" choice,
used if you want to fake your location to access services that are blocked where you are but
everywhere else (e.g. YouTube in Germany).
- If the service that you want is specific to some other country the last option is the way to
go, and you
must provide the country name, as you
type a list of available countries will appear, just select the desired one, if is not on
just try again later, this list changes each 5 minutes according to availability.
- Then on the tab "Exceptions", you can create a list that includes
websites that are not affected by Stealthy. The URLs entered in this list are accessed
normally, as if
the extension is not even added to the Chrome browser.
- On the tab "Misc" you find the option for "Incognito only", it means that Stealthy only
proxy settings for
incognito windows, which comes in handy if you intend to use the extension just for certain
If you want to use this option you also need to go to the extensions
(chrome://extensions/?id=ieaebnkibonmpbhdaanjkmedikadnoje), find Stealthy and check the
"Allow in incognito" box.
- You also have the option of automatically turning Stealthy on when you start Chrome.
- When you make any changes make sure of scroll down and press Save.