Stealthy for Chrome
- Go here to get to the installation page.
- Press the “+ ADD TO CHROME” button in the upper right hand corner:
- Press install when asked. (If you are worried about the permissions required by the extension check out this certificate)
- It will quickly install itself.
- Press the little red thingy up in the right hand corner of the browser. Doing so will turn on Stealthy:
- Once it’s enabled and ready, it will turn green.
- Turn Stealthy off when you not longer need it, or your internet speed will be dramatically reduced.
- To get into the configuration page do right click on Stealthy's icon and then select "Options"
- The first set of options are the most important, if you need a fast, reliable service that will make you 100% anonymous and will allow you to use services as
youtube, facebook, pandora and netflix PRO-US (1st option) is the way to go, if you want to use some British service as BBC iPlayer select PRO-UK (2nd option)
in order to use them you need a subscription, more info here.
- The other two options are not as effective and fast, but totally free, chose the appropriate for you, by default you have the "Normal" choice,
used if you want to fake your location to access services that are blocked where you are but available everywhere else (e.g. YouTube in Germany).
- If the service that you want is specific to some other country the last option is the way to go, and you must provide the country name, as you
type a list with available countries will appear, just select the desired one, if is not on the list just try again latter, this list will be updated over
- Then you have something called bypass list, used if you want to have direct connection to certain sites, even when Stealthy is on.
- You also have the option of automatically turning Stealthy on when you start Chrome.
- When you make any changes make sure of scroll down and press Save.
Lastly you can set Stealthy to only have effect on incognito windows, this is useful if you want to use Stealthy just for some sites, you should use this
option and open those sites on an incognito window, in case you use this options other steps are needed:
- Go to the extensions manager page (chrome://extensions/)
- Find Stealthy and check the "Allow in incognito" box.
- Now you can open an incognito window (Shift+Ctrl+N) and activate Stealthy normally